Fing Desktop and Mobile apps offer many useful tools to help solve your network issues, improve security & make your network trouble-shooting easier, including Intruder Alerts, Security Checks, Timeline of Events & Unlimited tools.
You can access the Tool page from the sidebar of the Desktop app:
By the Mobile app, you can access the Tools page by clicking on the Tools button on the bottom-center of the screen:
On the mobile app, due to connection restrictions, some tools are not available in particular conditions:
- Wi-Fi disabled or not connected, mobile cellular data active (Router Vulnerability Check, Find Hidden Camera, and Wi-Fi scanner are disabled):
- Wi-Fi and mobile cellular data disabled (all tools not available):
The Tools page of both platforms' mobile app and Desktop includes three different sections:
- Verify your Internet connectivity
- Improve your Network Security
- Troubleshoot Your Network
Some features are only available to Premium subscription, as reported in the table below:
|Find Open Ports||Security||Free|
|Test router vulnerabilities||Security||Premium|
Find Hidden camera
The section Verify your Internet connectivity allows you to check your network performance using the following tools:
- Test Speed to calculate how fast you can download and upload data. For further details on this tool, please visit the Test Speed page.
- Detect Outages to look for ongoing and recent Internet outages in your area. For further details on this tool, please visit the Detect Outages page.
- Compare providers to find the best ISP in your area.
The section Improve your Network Security allows you to monitor and improve the security of your Network using the following tools:
- Find Open Ports to probe a server or host for open ports and verify the security policies of a network. For further details on this tool, please visit the Find open ports page.
- Test Router Vulnerabilities to find and fix open ports via UPnP and NAT-PMP that may lead to external access. For further details on this tool, please visit the Router vulnerabilities Check page.
- Find hidden cameras to detect hidden cameras in the current Network. (Separate searches will need to be done for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz in order to fully verify cameras on your network.)
The section Troubleshoot your Network allows you to diagnose problems with your Network or connection using the following tools:
- Ping to visualize network round trip delay and reach device, servers, and web domains. For further details on this tool, please visit the Ping Tool page.
- Traceroute to display the path and measure the transit delay of packets across a network. For further details on this tool, please visit the Traceroute page.
- Wi-Fi Scanner to scan nearby Access Points and display signal strength and the likelihood of a collision. For further details on this tool, please visit the WiFi Scanner page.
- DNS Lookup, to perform forward and reverse DNS resolutions to a standard or custom server. For further details on this tool, please visit the DNS Lookup page.
- MAC Lookup, to recognize the device brand, type, and model from just its MAC address
- DHCP Discovery, to debug DHCP requests, investigate and solve devices that cannot get online. For further details on this tool, please visit the DHCP Discovery page.
- DNS Benchmark, to benchmark your DNS servers and find the optimal configuration.
Using the Mobile app, the following tools are not available:
- DNS Benchmark
- DNS Lookup
- MAC Lookup
- DHCP discovery
You can find only the following:
Download Fing Desktop here, for additional features and enhanced capabilities including Intruder Alerts, Security Checks, Timeline of Events & Unlimited tools.
Whether you are an IT expert or a technology enthusiast, Fing has the right solution for your needs. To find out more, please visit: Fing Premium Plan
Still experiencing issues?
Please include all details related to your issue and write to us from your registered email address at firstname.lastname@example.org