Wi-Fi Performance Test
What is the Wi-Fi Performance Test?
Fingbox’s Wi-Fi Performance is a tool which shows you the best spots for Wi-Fi connectivity in your home or office.
Fingbox’s Wi-Fi Performance Test also shows you the streaming quality in different locations, including SD, HD and 4K.
Note: The Wi-Fi Performance test only works if you are connected to the same network your Fingbox is connected to.
How to do a Wi-Fi Performance test
Control Fingbox features from the Fing Mobile App on iOS or Android. To do this:
- From Overview, click the circular icon with three dots at the top right of the page
- This will open the My Networks page. Here, click on the network with the Fingbox icon beside it.
To find and perform a Wi-Fi Performance test:
- From Overview on Fing Mobile App, click the Online Devices widget or the blue See Devices button
- Click the Network tab
- Scroll down to Wi-Fi Performance under the heading Manage this network. This will bring you to the Wi-Fi Performance page.
- Click the blue Test speed button to conduct a Wi-Fi Performance test
- Perform the test next to your router to check if the router is operating too slowly and failing to deliver the speed that was promised by the router's manufacturer.
- Performing this test next to your router will measure a high speed (this is just between your Wi-Fi router and your mobile device, completely independent from the Internet speed).
- When conducting a Wi-Fi Performance Test, walk around your home or office. The speed will go up or down based on how good the connection is in specific areas of the room or building.
- Click the clock button next to the Test speed button in the Wi-Fi Performance page to see all of your Wi-Fi Performance test results.
Scroll down to the heading What can you achieve to see what your Wi-Fi can support and the streaming quality of different media types.
How to access your Wi-Fi Performance log
To view your previous Wi-Fi Performance tests, click the clock icon beside the blue Test speed button.
Click the Submit a request button at the top right of the page