WiFi is notoriously easy to hack, and what is worse is that hackers can come into our wireless network without us even knowing. Fingbox’s WiFi Protection feature alerts you to attacks on your WiFi, so you can take action to protect your home.
What Attacks Can the Fingbox Wireless Protection Feature Spot?
Fingbox tracks devices even before they get a valid network address in your network, making our Wireless Intrusion Protection feature fast to spot potential malicious behavior on your network.
Fingbox will alert you to:
- New BSSID with same SSID not in discovery state
- Evil Twin/Rogue Access Point & Man in the Middle Attacks
- Deauth Attacks & WiFi Jamming
- New Gateway Not in Discovery State
What Will Happen If Fingbox Picks Up On An Attack?
Depending on your notification configurations, Fingbox will either send you a push notification and/or an email when an attack is detected.
This alert will tell you what the problem is and how best to deal with it.
For the first 24 hours after the attack is first detected you will also find an alert under the Notifictaions tab on the Fingbox dashboard.
After 24 hours if they are not detected again they will be automatically dismissed.
How Do I Enable/Disable the WiFi Protection Feature?
This feature is enabled by default, but if you wish to change this:
- Click on the Network tab, from the Fingbox dashboard
- Scroll down to Wi-Fi Protection
- By clicking on the Enable/Disable button on the right you can turn the Wi-Fi Protection feature off/on.
- minimum duration of attack: 10 seconds
- minimum deauth packets per second: 30/sec
If you have any questions about the WiFi Intrusion Protection feature please visit https://community.fing.com