Fingbox’s Digital Presence feature enables you to monitor the presence of the people in your home or office. Using this feature, you can set up user profiles and assign devices to your users.
Where Can I Find the Digital Presence/Timeline Feature?
The Digital Presence/Timeline feature can be found under the People tab (from the Fingbox dashboard)
On the Digital Presence home screen you can see the following things:
- Users Carousel: See who is currently online and easily access their user details by clicking on their icon
- Online Users: the ring is dark grey and the picture is not faded. The number underneath indicates how long they have been on the network
- Offline Users: the ring is light grey and the picture faded. The number underneath indicates how long since they were last online
- Summary Graph: A summary of the users’ presence on the current day
Setting Up A New User On The Digital Presence Feature
Setting up a new user on the Digital Presence feature is very easy.
- From the Fingbox Dashboard, click on the People tab
- Click on Add User
- You can then choose to add a ‘Custom User’ or from your list of contacts from your device
From here you can add:
- A name for the user
- A photo or icon
- A category they fall under – these categories will be different depending on if you have set up your Fingbox in a home or office environment
- Select the devices on the network that belong to that user
IMPORTANT STEP BEFORE YOU SAVE – for the Digital Presence feature to accurately show when someone is in and out of the home/office, you must set up a Personal Device for that user (i.e. a mobile device).
What is a Personal Device and How Do I Step It Up?
A Personal Device in the Digital Presence feature is the device that most mirrors that person’s presence in the home.
A mobile phone, for example, will tend to be on that person 24/7, i.e. when they leave the house so does the phone. This device presence on the network therefore accurately represents when that person is in the home. An Xbox, on the other hand, is likely to stay in the home regardless of whether that person is in or not – this device does not mirror its owner’s presence in and out of the home as it may sit connected whilst the owner is away.
So when selecting a Personal Device the question you need to ask yourself is ‘does this device’s presence on the network mirror it’s owner’s presence in the home/office?’
We recommend using a mobile phone as a Personal Device, but you may find a tablet or smartwatch represents that person better.
Setting Up Digital Presence Alerts
You can set up alerts so that you receive a notification when a user’s device comes on or goes offline. This can be handy for things such as knowing if your child has made it home safe whilst you are away from home.
Follow our guide to setting up alerts on Fingbox.
Digital Presence Log
And if that wasn’t all enough, the Digital Presence feature also provides you with a log of the activity of your users moving in and out of your network.
To access the log, go to the People tab at the bottom of the screen and then click on Timeline.
What the icons on the left mean:
- A white circle means that the user went offline
- A green circle means the user went online
- A green signal icon with an eye in it means the user’s Personal Device wasn’t connected to the network, but still had it’s WiFi enabled and was within 15 meters of the Fingbox. Check out our DigitalFence feature to understand this more.