Using the Network Scan & Insights functionality you can:
- Scan your network to see what devices are connected to your network,
- Export an inventory of devices
- Numerous filter options such as state/make/status/technical/simplified etc.,
- Access network information
- Detailed insights with multiple filter options depending on your requirments)
- Timeline information
- Acces advanced security functionalities such as Intruder Alerts, New Device breakdown & Vulnerability checks.
To access the Network Scan & Insights functionality:
- Click on the ‘Home’ tab
- You will see the options to ‘See all devices’ & ‘See insights’
See all devices (Scan a network):
- Click on ‘See all devices’
- This will expand a list of connected devices on your network.
- You can make numerous changes to how you would like to view/list the devices, based on your requirements. You can change the list based on:
- Device State: i.e. all devices online, offline or unrecognised for example.
- Device information: list devices based on specific device information, e.g. device names, state, IP addresses etc.
- View (Simplified/Standard/Technical/Summary): these views will offer different levels of device information
- ‘Search’ bar: alternatively, you can use the search bar to look for a specific device.
On the Network tab, you can also view more detailed Network information such as:
- WiFi Access Points
- Network Setup
- Internet Setup
You can also:
- Edit network details
- Look at a timeline of events
From the Security tab, you can access additional Security features:
- New Devices: reports how many devices have been seen for the first time and how many you confirmed as yours.You can confirm that you recognise a device in each device detail page, to make it easier to identify intruders.
- Intruder Alerts: Receive a notification when a new device enters the network. According to Cyber Security studies in 2020, 53% of breaches infiltrate unnoticed and 91% of attacks did not generate an alert. The attack usually takes minutes while abuse can last up to years. This is a Premium feature, to subscribe: Fing Desktop Premium Plan
- Vulneribility Check – Improve your Security: Find open ports via UPnP and NAT-PMP that may lead to external access and close them. This is a Premium feature, to subscribe: Fing Desktop Premium Plan
- Click on ‘See Insights’
- A detailed report will be automatcially generated, which will include statistics about your current network and its devices discovered. You can filter these statistics under the following categories:
- Score: Score network devices by group, compared to others: none, low (below average), medium (in average), high (above average), top.
- Brands: Top brands of devices in current network, showing total number of devices for each brand.
- Products: Top products of devices in current network, showing total number of devices for each product family.
- Operating Systems: Operating systems of devices in current network, showing total number of devices for each OS.
- Smart Home capabilities: Total devices able to work with Smart Home capabilities like voice assistants and smart home automations.
- Recognition of devices: Statistics about recognition of devices with shortcuts to quickly fix and improve them.
- Time Insights: last 24 hours: Heatmap of online devices over time by profile.
- Time Insights: last 7 days: Heatmap of online devices over time by profile. To view all the events in your network’s history, rather than just the events of today, upgrade to one of our paid plans.
Download Fing Desktop Premium here with additional features and enhanced capabilities including: Intruder Alerts, Security Checks, Timeline of Events & Unlimited.
Whether you are an IT expert or a technology enthusiast, Fing has the right solution for your needs. To find out more, please visit: Fing Desktop Premium Plan