The main function of Fing Desktop is to help troubleshoot your network in a more powered and accurate way than the current Fing mobile app by offering better troubleshooting tools & functionalities to help achieve this.
See below, some of the features available on the Fing Desktop:
- Health Check Report: a feature which is exclusively available on Fing Desktop. It provides a check up on the ‘health’ of the network in order to identify possible alerts or warnings.
- ‘Share – Get advice’: is an option that allows you to share your network issues with friends and the Fing Community. In this way, you can get advice from experienced people to help solve your problem.
- Speed Test and Level One Troubleshooting: resembling the Fing App features while using more optimised tools.
- ISP details: such as weekly outage rates, ratings and reviews, comparison of different providers, best performances in your country.
- Notifications: of connectivity issues and widespread Internet outages for your Home ISP
For a more detailed look at each of the available functionalities from the Home tab, please visit: Home tab
Solve your network issues
- Ping: Visualize network performance for devices, app servers and web domains.
- DNS Lookup: Perform forward and reverse DNS resolutions to default or custom server.
- Wi-Fi Scan: Scan nearby Wireless Access Points to troubleshoot and improve your AP coverage. Fing is continuously scanning nearby Wireless Access Points, listed below to check, troubleshoot and improve your AP coverage.
- Trace route: Display the path and measure the transit delays of packets across a network
- DHCP Discovery: Discover DHCP servers to investigate and solve device connectivity issues.
Improve your security
- Find open ports: Probe a server or host for open ports to verify security policies of a network.
- Vulnerability Check: Find open ports via UPnP and NAT-PMP that may lead to external access and close them. This tool need a premium account. Get unlimited accessto all Fing tools, network intrusion detection, a
Make your life easier
- Local API: Setup Local API for integrations with custom or 3rd party software. Fing can run a local HTTP API providing info and presence of devices, that can be used for IoT integrations.
You need premium subscription to have full Local API with Fing running continuous network discoveries. Using local API without premium will work in demo mode: only first 3 devices are listed and refresh is not in real-time.
For a more detailed look at each of the available functionalities from the Tools tab, please visit: Tools tab
Other Functionalities available on Fing Desktop?
- ISP Outages – check ISP Outages locally & Globally
- Export function
- Share function – to get assistance
- Fing Community Access
- Alert preferences
For a more detailed look at each of the above functionalities, please visit: More Fing Desktop Functionalities
With the addition of Fing Desktop, the Fing Suite provides a complete set of network troubleshooting tools. With more features to come, make sure to keep an eye out on our social media and community forum pages for any news from the Fing world.
Whether you are an IT expert or a technology enthusiast, Fing has the right solution for your needs. To find out more, please visit: Fing Premium Plan