The Fingbox Bandwidth Analysis feature lets you discover if there is a device currently slowing down your network. You can use this feature to discover if one of your devices is hogging a lot of bandwidth resulting in a slower internet connection.
Using Bandwidth Analysis
To use the bandwidth analysis feature, you need to choose the devices which you believe are the bandwidth hogging culprits from your list of devices.
- Click on your “Networks” tab
- Scroll down to the “Performance” section, and select “Bandwidth Analysis”
- Select the devices you believe are the culprits by clicking on them
- Press on the “Play” icon located at the top right corner of the screen, the bandwidth analysis will launch
- Click on the “drop down arrow” to change the analysis between download speed, upload speed, download size and upload size
- If you want to see previous bandwidth history, select on the history tab.
Click on your Networks tab- Bandwidth Analysis:
Select the devices you want to analyse:
Click on the “Play” icon to begin the analysis. Click on the “drop down arrow” icon to shift between download speed, upload speed, download size and upload size.
Bandwidth analysis is launched on demand by you. The reason that Fingbox does not continuously monitor the bandwidth consumption of your devices is that doing so requires re-routing all traffic on your network through Fingbox. Re-routing traffic through Fingbox all the time could potentially slow down your network. This is how cheaper firewalls behave, and in the end, they often slow down the network so much that people end up turning them off.