To connect an additional Fingbox to your Fing account, you need to make sure, it is connected to a different access point than the Fingbox which is already active on the Fing app. You cannott monitor the same network with 2 Fingbox’s.
If you are connected to the network that you want to add the 2nd Fingbox, in order to add the Fingbox please check the settings described below.
Under App Settings, please make the following 2 changes:
- Disable Reverse DNS Lookup by going to Account settings
- Change the Maximum network size to match your network size. To do this:
- Open the Fing app, ensure that you are on the Network associated with your Fingbox
- Tap on the avatar icon in the bottom-right corner
- Choose App Settings
- Scroll down and go to the Maximum Network Size setting and select the size based on the number of devices connected to network in your house.
In order to add the Fingbox to the Fing App, make sure that the Fingbox is powered off first and Fing app is connected to different network than 1st Fingbox.
- Connect your device(phone or tablet) to the network that you want to add the Fingbox too
- Scan the network to identify that network in the Fing App
- Make the recommended changes to the App Settings
- Connect the Fingbox to the network that you are trying to add it to, and plug it in
- Once the Fingbox is powered up and it’s green
- Try to add the Fingbox to that network.