Cannot see MAC addresses on iOS 11
Can I see MAC addresses on iOS 11?
No. The Fing network scanner cannot show MAC addresses on iOS 11.
Apple has blocked any app from accessing MAC addresses in the ARP table of the iPhone’s Operating System (iOS). Therefore, MAC addresses can no longer be captured in a network scan performed on an iPhone.
Alternatives to Fing App on iOS
iOS impact on the Fing App scanner
Apple's blocking of apps' access to the ARP table on iOS 11 impacts Fing on iPhone in the following ways:
- MAC addresses of devices can no longer be discovered through the ARP table.
- Device manufacturers can no longer be recognized because this information comes from the device's MAC address. However, the Fing App will attempt identification using other network information that is still available.
- The quality of the Device Recognition may be decreased, but the Fing App can identify devices from all available discovery protocols.
- Identification will be based on IP Addresses. Custom names and icons can still be assigned to devices, but ensure your DHCP assigns the same IP address to the same device.
- The Wake on LAN feature will be disabled.
Insert as many details as possible about the device as this will assist with improved device identification.
Click the Submit a request button at the top right of the page