What is Fing?
The Fing App is a network scanning app. With the Fing app, you quickly and easily can identify who and what devices are on your network, and ensure your network is both healthy and safe. Fing is the number one free network scanner for Android and iOS, with over with over 35 million downloads.
There are three different subscription plans for Fing:
- The Fing App, which is free to download
- The Fing Premium subscription for Fing Mobile and Desktop, which has additional features, services and tools. Fing Premium has a monthly or annual fee.
- The Fing Starter subscription, which gives you some of the Fing Premium features at a reduced cost. This fee is also monthly or annual.
Fing Starter gives you some of the Fing Premium features at a reduced cost.
Fing Starter improves the following features on your Fing App:
- Automated Internet Speed Test: Schedules automated speed test to check Internet's speed over a selected period of time. Schedule up to 6 speed tests per day instead of one.
- Event History: The history of the device's state changes. Get a network event timeline for the past 7 days instead of 24 hours.
- Export Network: Fing will generate the export in Excel format and send it to you via email. Get a complete report instead of a sample report.
- Health Check Report: Automatically checks your network setup and find incorrect configurations. This feature is more advanced on Fing Starter.
- Timeline of Online Activity: Details of a user's online activity which can be filtered for 1 day or 7 days, all of which is based on the digital presence device for a user.
Fing Mobile App
Fing Starter adds the following new features to your Fing Mobile App:
- Alerts: Receive a notification when a new device enters your network
- Find Hidden Cameras: Find any hidden cameras on your network
- Network monitoring: The Fing App refreshes the network discovery automatically every 30 minutes
- Notifications: Get push notifications of connectivity issues and widespread Internet outages for your Home ISP
- Router Vulnerability Check: Find open ports via UPnP and NAT-PMP that may lead to external access and close them
- Schedule Router Vulnerability Checks: Decide when Fing performs router vulnerability checks
Fing Starter adds all of the above features to the Fing Desktop App, with the addition of the following two features:
- DHCP Discovery: Discover DHCP servers to investigate and solve device connectivity issues
- DNS Benchmark: Benchmark your DNS servers to find the optimal configuration
Learn more and download Fing Starter
What is Fing: Video
Click the Submit a request button at the top right of the page